Philadelphia has Some of the Best Teaching Hospitals in the Country- many graduates go on to practice in the city. Philadelphia would be an excellent choice for job searching in the field of psychology, psychiatry or social sciences. Taliba Foster attended the University of Pennsylvania to obtain her undergraduate degree and finished off her training atChildren’s Hospital of Philadelphia where she completed her Child andAdolescent Psychiatry Fellowship. Dr. Foster’s practice has remained in the Philadelphia area where she does a great deal of work with intermediary agencies working on behalf of children in Philadelphia.
- Can you describe your duties as a therapist?
- “My primary responsibilities are to provide psycho-education, psychotherapy and psychopharmacology to children, adolescents and adults.”
- Where did you get your degree?
- “I received my undergraduate degree from the University of Pennsylvania and my medical degree from Robert Wood Johnson University. I completed an Adult Psychiatric residency at St. Vincent’s Hospital in New York City and my Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.”
- How has education prepared you for your career in therapy and social sciences?
- “By training in small suburban towns and large metropolitan cities, I was able to work with a culturally and economically diverse patient population.”
- What continuing education is required for your role?
- “I am required to participate in continuing medical education credits by my national board and licensing body.”
Christina Thompson is a freelance writer living in Philadelphia. Her work can be found at Examiner.com (click-for-webpage)